Mission, Vision & Values
The mission statement has been agreed upon by all staff.IPS Cascais will provide a safe, friendly, and caring environment where each child will develop their academic, social, and emotional skills to become confident and well-rounded citizens of the world. Each individual is encouraged to achieve their full potential within a stimulating local and international environment.
At IPS Cascais, we aim to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all children.
- Promote respect for others.
- Encourage children to achieve their full potential academically, socially, physically, and creatively.
- Enable children to become highly motivated, independent lifelong learners with positive self-esteem.
- Promote awareness of our differences, celebrating the diversity of our school community.
- Provide a stimulating, supportive, safe, happy and caring environment in which high-quality teaching and learning can take place.
- Foster excellent home/school links, encouraging clear and constructive communication between the school and parents.
Our educational mission is underpinned by Four Purposes:
Our pupils have inquiring minds and a love of learning. They are determined in their work and strive for the highest standards they can achieve. They are open to new ideas, think creatively, and can apply what they have learned in a wide range of contexts.
Our pupils have self-confidence and self-respect. They exhibit physical, mental, and emotional well-being. They build strong relationships with others and develop their own opinions and beliefs.
Our pupils demonstrate respect, empathy, and compassion for others. They are committed to supporting their community in school, at home, and in the wider world. They build an understanding of the world and establish their role within it. They are environmentally conscious and socially active. They are principled and develop informed ethical views.
Our pupils exhibit an enterprising attitude and the ability to think outside the box. They show persistence, resilience, and determination. They work effectively in partnership with others and by themselves. They think critically about issues and apply their thinking to solve problems and create new concepts and ideas.